3.1
Additional Fees
Turnaround Time
Poster increased review rating.

On our very first cruise back in 2016, and our very first encounter with PWG, we purchased a number of items.One happened to be The Lightouse by Chris DeRubeis, which was not a small amount of money to buy.

Now this art piece was an individual artwork, as explained by the PWG aution team. We appreciated this, however, the artwork shown onboard the ship at teh time, and an image that of the same piece on teh PWG website showed a lighthouse with a bright illuminous light at the top of the structure. The piece we received, eventually, barely had a colour being shown at all. Practically no "light" shown at all.

Totally fdetracted from the "lighthouse" meaning. We immediately contacted PWG, to say how disappointed we were with the piece. From the beginning, they were extremely helpful. After numerous emails, and a small passing of time, we finally were able to ship the art back to PWG for the original artist to touch up the piece to resemble the display pieces (restore not replace).

However, after all the time taken to get the issue to the point to get the art back to PWG, it immediatly reappeared on our doorstep a week or so later, totally untouched. We again set out to have the piece worked on, with my wife actually contacting Chris by social media. He was quite helpful and said he would work on our artwork himself to bring it up to our expectations after seeing the photos of the item we had. Again, we were finally able to send back the piece at PWG's expense, after much frustration of little to no replies to emails, and no contact.

This time, a few weeks passed, only to have the art turn back up untouched. I regected the delivery from FedEX, which meant this was to return the delivery to PWG. Emails were sent again - with no replies. It has now come back to us for a third time, unchanged again.

We bougth this art work back in May 2016. We have tried many, many times to email information and chase the PWG person up.

Very, very disappointed, and will not be prepared to buy from the gallery until this issue is sorted.It is a huge shame, as we have bought quite a substantal quanity of art from PWG, with this being the only negative I can comment on, but the way it has been handled has left ashes in my mouth.

Review about: Picture.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Service onboard the ship.

Had an Experience with Park West Gallery?

Comments